Are you looking for new ways to add legumes into your favorite dishes? Well, look no further! Here is a round of our top legume dinner recipes that the entire family will enjoy.
The Best Vegetarian-Friendly Legume Recipes
1. Tasty Bean Salad
- 3 Cans of Beans, Rinsed
- 1. Can of Corn
- 1 Cup of Cilantro
- ½ Cup of Yellow Onion
- ⅓ Cup of Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- ¾ Tsp of Salt
- ¼ Tsp of Pepper
- Bonus: Try adding avocado or apple to mix it up a little!
The instructions on our bean salad recipe are simple. You will take all of the ingredients, and mix it together. And then, wallah! You will have a tasty bean salad that tastes great over spinach or even by itself! Refrigerate any leftovers you have in a container.
2. Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 TBS of Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Minced Onion
- 1 Clove of Mines Garlic
- 2 Cans of Black Beans
- 1 Can of Corn
- ¼ Cup of Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ tsp of Chili Powder
- ¼ Cup of Lime Juice
- Garnish: Cheese, Chopped Tomato, and Avocado
- Cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Simmer the onion and garlic on medium heat in a different pan until the onion is clear.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan (except for the garnish). Cook for 15 minutes until the liquid is evaporated.
- Serve quinoa and bean mixture in a bowl. Garnish.
3. Healthy Bean Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 chopped medium carrots
- 2 ribs of celery — chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with the juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Garnishes: cilantro, sliced avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream, and grated cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until simmering. Add chopped onion, pepper, carrot, celery, and salt. Cook and stir occasionally for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic chili powder, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, vegetable broth, and bay leaf. Stir then wait until simmer. Continue cooking and stirring every so often for 30 minutes.
- Remove chili from heat, and take out the bay leaf.
- Add cilantro, vinegar, and pepper for taste. Then, add garnish!
Looking to Get Healthy in Camp Hill, PA?
We would love to talk with you to get you in alignment with your true self. Connect with us today to find out how to get started!